We were approached by landmen for bonus money and told they didn't get a percentage of or get paid for signing people up. Is this true?

Views: 3391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

j. Those who leased at less than a quarter prior to the announcement of the Play and in its early months just didn't know what was happening. Considering the amount of publicity since the spring of '08, it is disappointing that so many mineral owners still don't know that a quarter is the standard royalty for the shale. My interest is for land/mineral owners to understand the basics of leasing their minerals and to make informed decisions. There is plenty of variations possible in a lease "deal" but a HS royalty should be 25%. I do not share your definition of communist.
J, you sound like you don't know NW LA very well. Is your life worth the difference between 1/8 and 1/4. I took a lease on an old black lady a short time back, her grandson was just so visiting her from Houston. There was a tatoo down the side of his neck that read HOUSTONE with a not so complete star with buildings in the center underneath. He also had 713 tatooed on his right bicept.
Tango Blast...Guess you watched that episode on the history channel as well
The "standard HS royalty", IMO, is the royalty in the initial lease offers by the major players. After summer '08 the major players (CHK, ECA, HK) made "opening offers" of a quarter. The recent leases at less than a quarter that I refer to are by smaller operators and land companies. And in leases in the same sections, taken in the same time period, there are quarter leases. IMO those mineral owners who were paying attention would not lease at the lower offers and therefore got a quarter. Those who were not, took what was offered.
Hey Skip, when did you see your last 1/8 OGML?
Probably in the summer of 2008
I see them most every day. They are just dated prior to the Play. A good bit prior in most cases. I do research and maintain tracking spreadsheets. My clients are not O&G companies with the exception of one midstream. I've never taken an OGML in my life although I have advised mineral owners on a modest number. And I limit my work to the shale.
Yes J that is what he said. Different landmen do different things.
All landmen are not bad. Most of the ones on this site are great people. Honest and straight forword. Like um if you do, or hate um if you want to.
Most of the good ones deal with you straight up, one on one.
You shock awfully easily, j. And you are beginning to sound like another landman Jay that we know.
Some landmen specializie in abstracting, sometimes for real estate attourneys. Some only do pipeline ROW's. You do whatever work you can find to put food ont he table.
Come on j, spill the beans.
Whats your gig?
yea j, what's your gig? do you do anything besides timber theft???
is that why you need 24 hr security? lol
kj

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service