I've been hearing this rumour for almost a year now, never thought much of it because it sounded like just a wild rumour. But it's been awfully persistent, someone told me about it again yesterday so I thought I would post about it and see what happens:

The rumour is that there is oil under the shale, that is one of the reasons Chesapeake is being so thorough with the seimograph work in the area (Central DeSoto Parish). I was told yesterday they had brought in a new team of geologists to help read the seismograph results. So-- think there could be anything to this or is it just wild speculation? After all, killing wild rumours is part of the site's purpose.

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Parker, I used to go fishing around gators when I worked in Cameron Parish. Most of the time they don't really bother anyone.
Les,

They bother my peace of mind. Snakes don't generally bother people either, but when I inadvertently got too close I got bit by one. It just felt like I had stepped on glass, but I would have just as well skipped the whole night spent in the emergency room.

Snakes at least are afraid of humans and try to get out of our way. Gators don't. Therefore, I am happy to get out of their way.

I went walking on a peninsula of my farm a few years ago. I passed several slides where the gators were crossing from one body of water to the other. That didn't bother me much, but when one barked at me, I sure made and about face. It was Spring time and I didn't want to meet a Mommy Gator.
Hey parker, if you would furnish the beer and number 3 foot tubs, I can bring cut glass that would pass for diamonds. Skip could set up a pen with gator fighting, and we could give out free weekend passes to anyone who brought their own gator.
We would just have to have a catchy name to lure folks in. Max
"Skip to my Parker Gator Farm"
BD. You have no future whatsoever in public relations. LOL! Max, I think the sheriff will frown on cut glass and gator fightin'. All seriousness aside, I have been surprised at the apparent success of the gator farm north of Natchitoches. And now there is one in Greenwood. And the gators at Bass Pro are pretty popular too. Who knew gators would be a growth industry. I hope they are not negatively impacted by frac fluids or there goes the play. HA!
Skip,
You can bet you are right, I have no future in public relations.
Never did like to get too public with my relations anyay.
Skip, you can never tell. Feed some frac fluids to 'em and you may grow some super size gators. Now that would be a tourist attraction. Heck you may even be able to hitch up to a turning mill to generate power. Now that's green & brown power.
Okay you guys, joke all you want. Just remember ... Wooooooo, can't turn me off! lol

:-O
Hmmm.... Can you sell your land, keep the mineral rights, then charge the new owners fees and royalties for drilling a water well?

Mostly joking, but I bet there's someone who'd try it.
WE aren't that far from that happening in the future since water gets more valuable everyday.

baron
does that service area have a gator farm at it ?
kj

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service