I've been hearing this rumour for almost a year now, never thought much of it because it sounded like just a wild rumour. But it's been awfully persistent, someone told me about it again yesterday so I thought I would post about it and see what happens:

The rumour is that there is oil under the shale, that is one of the reasons Chesapeake is being so thorough with the seimograph work in the area (Central DeSoto Parish). I was told yesterday they had brought in a new team of geologists to help read the seismograph results. So-- think there could be anything to this or is it just wild speculation? After all, killing wild rumours is part of the site's purpose.

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just being facetious Logan. The Smackover is very productive along the LA/AR state line, anywhere there is HA Shale the Smack won't be very productive nor would I worry about it.
Ah, I see...you scared me lol.
Let me know when you wanna sell rights to the Louann
I am saving those for Morton Salt, but I have some Eagle Mills for ya.
You sure you're a landman?

Sounds smarter than a few landmen I've met.

Just kidding, just kidding.
"Sounds smarter than a few landmen I've met."

And the hits just keep coming.
maybe we should change the name of this topic to "beat up on jerry smith"
they told me they would give me 13,500 an acre for my mineral rights,and 25% of the royalties. I heard the same rumor about oil under the shale. I heard another rumor That I would die before I ever saw a dollars worth of royalties. Then I heard a rumor that the garden of eden was in indiana.(mormon) Anyway I decided that if I got one rum
or to keep me happy .I would take the first one. Not for myself but for posterity. thx all Pat KAIRSCHNER
pat kairschner,

What company offered $13,500? When was it offered? How much property? And where is it located STR?
Bloomberg reports today on a BP well in the Gulf that was drilled down to 30,055 feet. A huge oil find for BP. How hot can that be?
The stratigraphy of offshore drilling and onshore is completely different, not really applicable in this scenario, A large part of the 30,000 feet would just be water, not into the Earth itself.
I do not doubt the difference in stratigraphy of offshore and onshore drilling. This new BP well is said to be the deepest exploration well ever drilled. I wish I could provide you with the link but alas, I do not know how. I think the well was drilled to a depth of 30,055 feet below the bottom of the Gulf.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service