Shale news is soooooo slow and I am bored. I am wondering whatever happened to some of the most verbal players in the beginning of this site. Mooncookie, Jim Crow, Snake Stewart, Kassi, Jay (the other Jay--not Shale Geo).  There were others whose names I have now forgotten who are also lost. Did you all metamorphosize into our newer peers. If not, let's hear from you all again

Views: 950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Earl & Earlene took high level policy positions with the IEA (International Energy Agency).  Their employment agreement prohibits them posting any agency data on GHS.  Dang!  KB's burlesque career took off and she is now on tour.  You can keep up with her on TMZ.  Kassie graduates from law school this Fall and then will practice oil & gas law representing land/mineral owners.  Watch out Aubrey!  Mooncookie was appointed to head the Global Transcendental Meditation Society and is headquartered out of Geneva, Switzerland.  Jim Crow is recovering from multiple ulcers and his doctors will not allow him on GHS ever again.  He's still one of the most knowledgeable (and irascible) members to ever post on this site.  Snake Stewart is on a shale mission to Pennsylvania where he ministers to rural mineral owners.  He was a co-producer of the documentary, Gasland.  Disclaimer:  Not Really!!!  Best of Luck to them all.

Skip:

You need to get a second career (LOL)...Screenwriter for the next blockbuster movie filmed right here in NW Louisiana, coming soon to a theater near you:  GHS...The Real Story...Shalers After Dark.

Great stuff Skip!   But, please do not think that us "Old Timer Shalers" are gone.  I "Shale" through GHS at least 3 or 4 times a week.  I don't log on often, as I have the problems other GHS'ers have, my "other life" takes over. But don't anyone fret...We are all still up close and personal with GHS. When I am surfing GHS, I personally want to read every post, like most others.  And as I recently told Henry, I can look up and it is three or four hours later...especially when I have been out of town and several weeks have past by.  Catching up is hard to do!

The "Old Timer GHS" group is still kickin it (LOL) in one way or another.  We could never have gotten connected to each other in quite the same Shalin way if not for Keith.  We all owe him a great  "hommage."  Someday, I hope we will all get a chance to show him and his family our gratefulness for more work and generosity to us than I could ever speak to.

Thanks to all who have shared over the past three years, the good, the "bad" and every once in a while, the "ugly."  We all have gotten a free education in the O&G business.  And, We all have benefited in many other great ways.  This GHS experiment has become a success on many levels.  We learned that change can come from the sharing of information and the support of others, especially with men and women we have never met and may never meet face to face have the opportunity to unite for a common purpose.  We have learned that the Internet CAN and NEEDs to be used for positive endeavors and just how far reaching those endeavors can reach in helping others in NEED.  Others in different sections of this geat Nation have followed and reached out to GHS and have learned lessons from our contributors.  "Shalers" everwhere use this site to touch base with questions they have and find answers they may not have found anywhere else. 

GHS'ers have always strived to help anyone who wants to ask any question...simple or complex.  Our opinions are ours alone and we allow others theirs'.  (LOL) And one gets all these opines for free!  No Charge???  Try that with your lawyer, doctor, CONGRESSMAN!  (LOL, again)

We have all bonded together in a very unique way, something that is almost impossible to do over the Internet.  AMAZING.   I will always be profoundly indebted to all of you.  I will always stand proud as a member of Gohaynesvilleshale.com and count it as one of the best experiences in my life.

Skip...Let us know when you begin auditions.  I'll be there!   Great blog!

Have a Great GH Shalin' Friday everyone.

DrWAVeSport Cd1 6/24/2011

Shalers, keep in mind that the "next big thing", before Chesapeake's Haynesville announcement, was expected to be the horizontal Cotton Valley, which, unlike the Haynesville, could have a fair amount of NGL's associated with it. In areas that haven't had a zillion vertical Cotton Valley wells already punched into the ground, it is still very prospective and isn't going anywhere.  According to Shale Geo, the Taylor Sand, which would be the Cotton Valley target, is thicker off the flanks of the Cotton Valley structure.  This could possibly be a fairly large target area.  Because of the associated liquids, we may see this play heat up in the not too distant future.  Just my opinion for what it is worth.

DrWAVeSportcd1,

I give a great AMEND to everything in your reply. I don't add much but read most all on GHS, except the Political Foram, don't go their anymore, love everything else.

Thanks to Keith and Ship and all the "old timers" for all I have learned on GHS.

GB

Thanks, Gale, but us GHS "old timers" prefer to be called "pioneers".  Or in the vernacular of the industry, "Early Movers".   LOL!

Sorry Skip, thanks to the pioneers!!

GB

kcm, this discussion thread is headed way off topic.  You'll have to decide whether you wish it to return to its intended subject or head off in unrelated directions.  I think it possible that some other Pioneers would enjoy this thread.  I'd certainly like to read their comments.
Skip I am just glad to see some of the pioneers are alive. Let them talk about whatever. It beats being a lurker.
Aaaawwww, Coonman, good to hear from you!
Hey, now we know Coonman is alive. Ok Snake Stewart where are you?  Did the snakes get you
Thats funny Skip!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service