We are seeing a new trend of earlier and colder Winters. The price of NG is starting to climb. The question is: When will the price hit $5.00. May be before March 1st. Any other guesses? 

Views: 22255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Itochu is a Japanese "Bain Capital" type of group that invests in businesses.  They have gone heavily into energy in several parts of the world.  They went in with KKR when Samson was sold with a 25% interest.  They are also invested in a refinery located in Louisiana that is supposed to go online mid 2014. (It's to produce the product that can be shipped via sea...and that old refinery in Waskom at 9 and I 20 is doing same..they are loading behind the fish place there onto truck tankers.)  Also..Trinity Industries on 80 out of Hallsville has a back log of orders for rail cars for same type shipments....

I read that they had some "problems" with KKR but could not find out what the problems are.

Samson is drilling.  They have three rigs working near Keithville, La right now on the Davis lease.  I have the locations written down somewhere.

I figured they were drilling to "hold" some old leases they bought from Placid before KKR got involved.

I have a pad, two pits, a 2200 foot road to the site that was supposed to have the rig move in on 8/4/2011  but they announced the sale to KKR that week and it all stopped.  No rig. I am in Panola County.

An interesting thing,  last Spring KKR "pooled" the 640 acre unit I am in into a 1500 acre unit.  Then heard nothing more regarding leases.

Its held by (or was til the pooling agreements were signed) production from an old Placid Oil Well from the 1950's.  Haven't gotten a royalty from them on that in very long time.  Don't know if the well is shut down or not.

Did the Samson people mean they aren't drilling at ALL in 2014 or just not your lease?  Because they are drilling off 31 near Kiethville.

Could have been talking about my area but I assumed he was talking about drilling plans for the office he was located out of.  I'm in Southeast Desoto Parish and have two wells with them.  I had three but they shut one in.  It had made 3.3 BCF over 2.5 years and was still producing.  Said the cost to maintain was more than the profit. 

Correction..Samson has two rigs going right now.  They are both appx at 31 and 449 near Logansport.

As of 12/13

9567'   TX06   PANOLA   BIGGS -SL- #2 H   SCANDRILL INC #CROSS DW   12/3/13    11 Days Drilling     GAS   HOR

9004'   TX06   PANOLA  WERNER-CARAWAY #8 H   SCANDRILL INC #LIBERT DW   11/29/13  15  Days Drilling     GAS   HOR  

By saying KKR a flipper I mean they do what takeovers do.  A good example of a flipper is what happened to Safeway.  The real estate locations of Safeway stores across the country were worth more then the revenue from the stores.  Safeway was a solid company but their land value killed them off.  A lot of companies no longer exist because their parts were worth more then the whole as in Safeway's case.

I don't know that Samson will be sold off.  Hope not.  But KKR seems to be going into "windmill and solar" energy heavily right now.

2-2-14

We are not there yet, but as of this morning 1-23-14 we are at $4.85 and moving up.  So the people who guess the last week of January are looking good.  I was wrong, I didn't think we would break $5 and natural gas prices were able to shrug off the first polar vortex, but its twin that is set to arrival starting at the beginning of next week, may break the $5 barrier.  The next question is how many days above $5 will it stay?

Good Morning tc,

Well I was a little early with my Jan. 15th guess so I'll agree with you. I think we'll make $5.00 by the end of the month. At least I think we are in the "ballpark" so to speak with our guesses. The next question is will it make $6 to $6.50 before the end of Winter?

Doubt it will hit $6 that soon. But by next winter for sure.

I think tho that as announcements are made of more and more CNG access spots across country that it will steadily climb.

I know I cannot be the only person planning to get a CNG enabled vehicle as soon as they are available on general market.

I might even consider an old pickup that can be converted....

Does anybody out there know of the ones easiest to covert? Be glad for the info.

Last I checked the GM products were the least expensive. I had a Dodge Ram 1500 and I could not find a conversion for it. That may not be the case now. Do an Internet search for NG conversions and see what you find. It was a couple of years ago that I checked so my info may not be up to date. Since then I've gone Diesel so I can't go NG now.

Kept thinking some smart kid would open a conversion shop in daddy's garage.  I see a yellow volkswagen on 9 near Waskom every once awhile..it was converted solar..has this huge solar panel looks like a patio door attached to the top.  Had to be home project.

Yes!!!

Watching stock reports now...nice winter surprise for me.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service