Rig count at 24 versus 200
Gas prices at $2 versus $12
All Good Acreage HBP
Most Industry Professionals Gone

Bottom line is sad in my opinion

Maybe it will come back but I fear it will not.

I for one don't visit this site to see a post of the latest natural gas link that anyone with a computer can find. I liked the discussions about wells being drilled. Oh well.

Jay

Views: 4979

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jay/Keith---This is a great site to read news about oil & gas plays in the Texas, La. etc and educational development for all us non professional and mineral owners who maybe lucky enough to be come royalty owners one day. I am for threads about any and all oil & gas plays that are active in the area including non-shale or what ever. Activity on the site will be some what like the business of oil & gas --- BUST OR BOOM. So Keith I hope you keep it going.Jay-- I agree love to read about new wells permitted and drilled. This site even help with Stock Market Picks

Jay---what formation anadarko looking at with the longer laterals?

sesport--- think Jay was answering question about what formation Anadarko was interesting in drilling longer laterals in ( The Smackover). Or it maybe your humor comment just went over my head. I do understand the saying if you point a finger 3 points back at you/ LOL

Caddo Pine island isn't in the liquid rich CV zone unless liquids have yet to be found there. 

For what it's worth, the Anadarko units being reformed are still titled "HA RA," indicating Haynesville.

Jay,

Do you think that Anadarko will  be successful at getting the new units?

FYI, Bobi.

It looks like (per certain paperwork) that Anadarko has just recently also acquired deep rights (per producing HA wells, it would seem) in Bossier P. from a certain relatively smaller operator (near Lake B.).

Still, no chatter on here about it, but that might be because the deal has/will only affect a small number of HA units (is my best guess).

And no, this was not (is not) a JV.  Looks like an outright buy to me.

Lastly, it should be noted that the paperwork clearly states in black and white that:  "Kerr McGee Oil & Gas Onshore LP (subsidiary of Anadarko Petroleum Corp.) took over as the operator . . . ."

The depth definition for the HA RA in the Caddo Pine Island Field is 8390'  to 10,300' or 1,910' of the stratigraphic column.  It may include portions of the lower CV through the Bossier and Haynesville and some portion of the upper Smackover.  It does not include the Lower Smackover(BD).

Depth clauses in leases are not associated with or affected by depth definitions in unit applications or field orders.  No new round of leasing will occur.  The more relevant issue should be that the old HA depth definition for the Caddo Pine Island Field appears to lump the HA and BO shales in with non-shale intervals, CV and possibly SMK, which was expressly prohibited by order of the Commissioner in the Summer of 2008.  When no Interested Party intervenes the DNR and LOC tend to just rubber stamp industry applications.

I haven't heard much about the Haynesville... but i hear there's growing interest in the Cotton Valley.  If anyone has heard anything... send it along.  Thanks!

JHH, my point above is that the Anadarko HA units would allow them to drill Lower Cotton Valley intervals, Bossier and Haynesville.  We have previously discussed wells labeled as Cotton Valley and Lower Cotton Valley although they are most definitely Haynesville wells.  A company can designate any stratigraphic interval, or in this case intervals, in a unit application and name it whatever they choose as long as the Office of Conservation approves it.  Similarly there are several dozens of Bossier Shale wells but you will not see them labeled as such.  The are labeled Haynesville because they are drilled in a HA unit that includes the Bossier Shale in its stratigraphic definition.  Obviously we must use caution in assuming the productive interval of a well drilled in a unit.  The True Vertical Depth (TVD) is a more accurate indicator of the productive interval than the name of the unit.

10-4, thanks

jhh

The Haynesville has not gone anywhere...so it doesn't have to come back. Its there right where it has been for million of years.

The market is gone.  Back in the East Texas oil boom days the mineral owners never considered that it would bust.  But more abundant oil deposits were discovered elsewhere.  Lots of wells were simply shut down. 

Years passed and then production started up again around here. 

Natural gas is being supplied right now in excess of demand.  That too will turn around. 

As more people realize that the Saudis are NOT our friends and that as an economy the USA is sending our dollars to them for oil that we could be producing and buying from right here and keeping the dollars here in OUR economy then more demand will be made that we stop the purchase of the oil outside our economy.

One of these days someone will develop an engine that runs on natural gas as well as the gasoline engines run..maybe right in a home garage.  If a fraction of the money wasted on the Chevy Volt electric car had been spent to develop a NG auto then we would be driving NG vehicles today and Government Motors would be making a profit.

So  the Haynesville is here...and the market will develop. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service