Does anyone have any info on what's is going on in the southeast corner of section 18-14-14?  There is a piece of earth moving equipment in there with a lot of activity going on.  Could this be another pad going in?

Views: 173

Replies to This Discussion

9.18 drill site approved for Northwest corner of sec. 17 and southern tip of sec. 20. Can't find what will be drilled from here, but it is a gas factory size pad
I think it's going to be a gas factory for sections 17, 18, 19, and 20, that's just a guess.

Looks to me like Trinidad Rig #47 (Land & Knowles 20H #1) is drilling in 17 not section 20. SONRIS reports surface location in section 20.

Could it be the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing?
its not where rig 47 is but just northwest of it ,about 1/4 mile or less.you can see some earth movers from 171 on to the right in a big field as you go north of hwy 5.
Yes, the equipment is located in section 18, but where they start working is anybody's guess. I was looking at a map and noticed that rig 47 was not located where SONRIS has it to be. There is a fault that runs through section 20, so they may have amended the permit; and because SONRIS is so slow it just does not show up. It's going to be interesting to see what plays out. It would be nice to have 8 wells in section 18 and a rise in natural gas price at the wellhead.
FXEF,I was looking at Desoto filings online. That is where I got my info on the drill site. Have you looked at drawing? It is a large rectangular pad with most of it in sect. 20 and top 1/4 in sec. 17. I am out of town and will try to scan & upload it when I get back for you to look at it. I am wondering if they could drill into sec. 18 from there as it would have to be a northwest lateral drill. I asked some people from Encana which sections would be drilled from it and could not get an answer. It was very hush hush
kittycatmama,

I have not seen any drawings. If the pad is located in the southwest corner of section 17 and northwest corner of section 20; sections 17,18, 19 & 20 can be drilled from that pad.... if Encana chooses. We will just have to wait and see what alternate wells they permit.
the pad site as filed with clerk of court is about 85% in MIDDLE of sec. 20 with 15% of it going into sec. 17 in middle. With pad being in the middle would that preclude them from drilling into sec. 18? OR could they do a long lateral and go into sec. 8 from this pad?
kittycatmama,

If the pad is in the middle of sections 17 & 20, the only viable sections to be drilled from this pad would be 17 & 20.
that is what I thought. I am disappointed as our reserved minerals are in sec. 18.
The Well Location Plat for the Encana Land & Knowles 20H-1 filed with the state shows the Proposed Surface Location to be 400' FNL and 881' FWL in the extreme NW corner of Section 20 - 14N -14W. Encana could drill sections 17, 18,19 & 20 from this surface location.
Skip, I am trying to upload my scan as filed with Desoto Clerk of Court. It shows the pad in middle of sec. 20. someone else mentioned on this discussion that rig is not where it is supposed to be. Wonder if Encana changed plans for the site location. Info I have was filed with clerk of court on Sept. 8, so everything could have changed after that. You obviously have access to the state site, so apparently they decided to move the site location. On my drawing, there is a lg. pond in northwest corner of sec. 20. Access road goes through sec. 19 and corner of sec. 18 to bypass the pond
kittycatmama, yes, I am describing the well surface location as it is depicted on the plat accompanying the well permit. I always use the state records as opposed to the parish records. You can view the plat and all the documents contained in the permit application on SONRIS Classic using the well serial number. I saved a copy of the plat but have been unable to upload it to the site. I'll have to contact Keith to see how to do so. I haven't done it in a while and I've changed computers. Visuals are always the preferred means to get across what is often difficult to describe in words.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service