I have heard so much about the meetings that Caddo and Bossier are putting on (and I plan to attend), but I have heard absolutely nothing about an organized effort in Webster Parish. From what I understand, groups need to pull together to get the best offers/info. Does anyone know of a plan for a meeting?

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

There was meeting at Bistineau Baptist Church a few weeks ago. That's the only one I know of. Has anyone gotten a lease through Argent in Webster parish?
I have several friends at Bistineau Baptist.They are not allowed to discuss anything deal wise with anyone that approaches them.I didn't like that point or the fact that you had to pay % bonus and % royalty to get involved with group.You actually get a better rate if you con more of your friends and family into paying up.They have about 700 acres or so and it needs to double before they get a break in price.Argent group is in same sinking boat with fees and are not recomended by guys in the know on one of the other sites,simply because they would not pay a lifetime royalty fee for them to negotiate.I dont think it had anything to do with them personally.Big boys on the other sites are comfortable enough to do their own talking so why pay someone forever for job that takes a couple of days work at most for the skilled.I guess wishing our areas elected officials would swoop in and help us is out of the question.Some are to busy counting that new payraise they just got.
I have done some work with Argent before, and they do not have any royalty related fees for lease negotiations. I know this for a fact. They have also been around long before the Haynesville shale play ever materialized - which is pretty rare with most of the negotiators out there right now.
As I stated in previous post,I know nothing of the group myself.Big boys(several thousand posts) on another site did not recomend due to % fee.I meant no dis to anyone.If they don't charge % ,how are their fees set?
Argent charges a 5% fee from the negotiated bonus. I believe that there may have been some confusion because Argent does offer other oil and gas services, like specialized royalty accounting, for which they charge a percentage of revenue - but that is not related to any lease negotiation.
Cool, Thanks for clearing that up.This is only the first part of the story.The second part begins when we begin receiving payments from leases.Reading all you can on the internet doesn't make you an attorney or a financial advisor,even if you did stay at the Holiday Inn last night.HA! HA!.I am already aware of terrible things that have and are happening to people in our communities.For us to believe that we as smaller landowners are going to be set for life and never have to worry about anything ever again is not very wise.Many have blown their bonuses and haven't paid taxes yet on it.Now that the money is gone what will they do? This is were the importance of our financial advisors could save us many hardaches down the road.If some would have consulted F/A's they wouldn't be in foreclosure right now,thinking that the royalties (that are still years away for some) would have kicked in and they could have caught back up!Unfortunatly I feel that the wealth that is bestowed on some will cause more trouble in the long run than it is worth.They would have been better off financially if the Shale had never been discovered!That doesn't even sound right but it is a sick fact!

You say you have used them in the past.Is that an official recomendation and have you any info on other F/A's? I will be consulting with a good friend from high school with AIG Financial. If you are in need of these kinds of services and do not know someone,his name is Norman Cone ,773 Main Street ,Minden,La.71055 (318) 377-2599. Tell him Snake sent ya'. He may smack ya'. Just kidding.He should at least buy me lunch for the million dollar free plug he just got!

Thanks again!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service