Nobody has mentioned this well, which appears to be somewhat of a sleeper.  Although Nelson/Pryme have drilled wells in this field about 5-6 miles to the NE, it will be interesting to see what Anadarko can do!

Dominique No. 1, Serial No. 243229.  This well is right on the St. Landry/Avoyelles line and is most certainly a unit well for the  AUS C RB SUA, North Bayou Jack Field. 

TD is shown as 23,200' and it is currently drilling at 14,178' on 6/27. 

This is a really important well for N. Bayou Jack and Moncrief fields, including acreage in NE St. Landry, SW Avoyelles and on into Pointe Coupee.

My family owns land in the immediate vicinity, so I'm praying this is a barn-burner!

Views: 21511

Replies to This Discussion

OS,

The 3,000 BOPD is the allowable and the Estimated Potential of the well. Its is a number that DNR puts on a well of this depth and type. It has nothing to do with the actual IP or the real ability of the well to produce. If Anadarko actually tries to produce the well at that rate then they risk having the formation collapse on the well bore and that would not be good.

According to the Well History the well is still waiting to be completed. So slow down and take a breath. The actual test of the well will tell its real produce ability. 

Joe - when the Dominique 27 first posted a "Well Allowables" of 2000, I called in to the Department of Conservation to get an opinion from them on exactly what that was. If I recall, their response was pretty much in line with yours. When Anadarko posted that 2000 allowable for the D27, I don't seem to recall a number for the "Estimated Potential" even appearing in the Sonris numbers. According to the Conservation folks, the Estimated Potential of 753 BOPD was posted only after flow began at the D27 in September. By what method they use to calculate it I'm not sure. It appears to be an inexact science since the first "Well Tests" for the D27 later posted in October was 1826BOPD, up from the Estimated Potential of 753BOPD.

So if Anadarko is posting an Estimated Potential before flowing the Lacour 43, then that would be inconsistent, IMHO, to how they posted for the D27. Yes?  The number I'm looking at for the Lacour is the "Estimated Potential" of 3000 BOPD, which, if Anadarko is consistent in their reporting methods, would indicate they're measuring a flow. On the other hand, 3000 is a round number as opposed to the precise 753 posted for the D27. How that "3000" wound up in both Well Allowables and Estimated Potential for the Lacour is curious.

Interesting to note that the Dominique 27 wound up pretty close to the "Well Allowables" after all (2000 vs. 1826). I agree that the jury is still out on the Lacour (as with all these wells), but that 3000 is a promising sign nonetheless.

That's my barnyard logic for today...

I hope you are right and they have figured out how to drill the formation.

Just an FYI... they just tweaked the Well Allowables for the Lacour down to 2,200: Link

Estimated Potential still at 3,000. Hmmm?

Note the End Date of 2/14/2011 (???)

Yeah, end date is very suspect.  Looks like one of Louisiana's finest transcribers is involved.  Some of them can read and some can not type either.  We shall have to wait for a test.  I mean, did they have time to frack the well yet?  That usually comes three or four weeks after the well is completed, at least it does here in the Barnett Shale area.  So I guess someone has just put in a filler and then realized the filler is a bit large, maybe they are hoping it will be that large.

William,

They are not fracking the Austin Chalk. They are drilling and looking for natural fractures. I keep saying they need to do a sand/gravel pack to keep the fractures open in a high production chalk well. Its the same principle as fracking but instead of breaking the chalk up they are simply filling the natural fractures with sand and or gravel to keep them open during production. That is not being done as far as I know at this time. 

When you said not fracking are you refering to Anadarko only are all operators? Also why would they  not  frack in Chalk? Thanks for trying to help me understand some of this

Frankie,

I went to the first Pre-app Conference and one of the questions that was asked was: "Are you going to frack the wells". The geologist answer was: "There will be no fracking in the Chalk. We are drilling and looking for natural fractures". The Chalk is basically the same as the chalk that is used to write on a black board. It will not fracture. The only thing you can and "should" do is do a sand/gravel pack to hold the fractures open. 

So why did they get a license and set up a injection well in Pointe Coupee specifically for getting rid of Fracking waste fluids? 

Well technology is technology.  And if they do not need to frack Austin Chalk wells, well that means a little less expense.

William,

I am assuming that they got a license to setup a disposal well to get rid of salt water from the wells not for fracking fluids. I have not seen the permit but my guess is its just a disposal well for saltwater. Also, of note, I would expect them to use Diesel, crude oil or some refined petroleum produce to sand/gravel pack with. That can be captured or recycled as part of the production. At this point I don't believe anyone has tried a sand/gravel pack in this area of the Austin Chalk.

Joe,

"My guess is the LaCour well will suprise on the upside like APC's Dominque 27 well." -- littleasy

"History is interim reports issued periodically." -- Anonymous

Posted 11/18/2011; #243247 LACOUR 43

COMPLETED 11/14/2011 AS A OIL WELL IN THE AUSTIN CHALK RES;PM F 3000 BOPD; 2500 MCFD; 3800 FTP; 4900 SITP; 600 CP; 20/64 CK; 600 BWPD

They're still stuck on that 3000 BOPD. Those round numbers look suspect...  LINK

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service