I'll save the rest of you some time sitting on hold....  I received my 1099 from BHP the other day, and it was in error.  When I spoke to them this morning, they said that there was indeed an error, and corrected 1099's will be sent out this week.

Tags: 1099, BHP, Petrohawk

Views: 1187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It gets worse.  I received another 1099 today from BHP.  It too, was wrong.  Will I have any hope of getting this fixed so I can file by April 15?  

henry we haven't received our 1099 from BHP but have a friend on phone who got a 1099 showing HUGE amt. of money which HE DID NOT GET. BHP is terrible to deal with

kcm -- The first 1099 I received was for twice what they paid me in royalties in 2013.  The second 1099 that I received was for 1/10 of what they paid me.  I will wait out the week and see what happens.  If I have to file for an extension because these guys cannot get my 1099 right, I'll be furious.

Henry, the smaller of the two 1099 Misc's is correct in my view.  The larger of the 1099's is overstated by a factor of 2X due to duplication of entries.   In my case, if I took 1/2 of the duplicated (larger) 1099 Misc and added the amount to the smaller of the two, it came out to exactly what I was paid by Petrohawk/BHP for 2013.  Please be aware that the two 1099's I received had different Owner #'s on them.  One that Petrohawk used and the other that BHP is using, hence the reason for two (2) 1099 Misc.

Did you get the Call Center? They will just tell you what you want to hear. They are not informed and talking to someone who is informed is impossible. I would NEVER lease with this co. again. We were leased with Petrohawk with no problems. Then BHP takes over. Nothing buy problems

mine is a MESS and will need to be reissued.

thank you Henry, for bringing this issue to light. I received two and both are nearly double of the amount received. the recording for bhpbillition had changed from Monday's, issue of No January payment check, to Tuesday's recording that 1099's were incorrect and new ones would be mailed 4-5-14.  Thank you. We will just have to wait and see what these new 1099's reveal for amounts.  Thank YOU, Henry !!!! for all your valuable input and to this great site.

You are saying the 1099s won't be mailed until early April?  Nothing like waiting until the end.   And what if they also get that round of 1099s wrong??    I'll say it again -- if I have to file for an extension because these guys cannot do something so simple as to get a correct 1099 out to me, I'll be furious.

The recording indicates that corrected 1099's will be issued on Feb. 5, 2014  NOT April 5, 2014. Corrected 1099's occur with great frequency and really are not normally that big a deal!!

Just my opinion.

the bhpbilliton voice recorded message was actually 2-5-14.... I mis typed.  yet, we shall see. Sorry for the heart rush-check up !!!!!

I plan to use our year to date check with a list of all deductions. It is correct as it shows gross and net amounts. Will give a copy of it to our CPA as BHPs computer system has been a mess for awhile. A lot of people went without checks for several months because of their computer conversion. Assume that is also causing this 1099 screw up

Both of the 1099s I received were in error. The first was double what it should have been and the second included a check number that was not any of the checks I had received. It is my understanding that the larger one, which I received first, should cover the first 10 months of the year and the smaller one would be for the remaining two months. They apparently changed Owner Numbers starting with the November check. I spoke with Owner Relations about both checks and they certainly seemed knowledgeable and aware of the issues and that corrected 1099s were already in the works.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service