Bossier Shale ...Above or below the Haynesville? Specifically in Sabine Parish.

What say you?

Thanks much.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Les,

Any idea what the 17 mmcfd well is? It is in Sabine and south of the other mid-Bossier.So it is lower 8N or 7N.
WR, I believe EnCana was making reference to Forest's Black Stone 26 H1 Well. Forest now says the well tested at 21 MMcfd which makes two great Mid-Bossier Shale wells in Sabine Parish.

Forest, Black Stone Min 26 #H1 Well, Serial #239521, S26(23/26)-T8N-R14W, Sabine Parish, 21000 Mcfd
Les,
Is the Jimmy Brown well, the well located on Ajax Realty property off the fire tower road near the Springridge community in Sabine parish?
No, It is located on Sistrunk Loop off hwy. 483 in Mitchell area between Converse and Pleasant Hill.
HK, please see the attached for the well location. The Jimmy Brown Well is the one located in Section 9.
Attachments:
Les,

Do you happen to have any info on the Cassel #1 well in Sec. 35, T9N,R14W in Sabine Parish, LA ? I just drove down there this afternoon and checked out the rig. Talked to a couple neighbors. The one said something about there having been a pooling hearing that created a unit of multiple sections under Toledo Bend and that the lateral they were currently drilling was going west under the lake and the landowners in Sec. 35 wouldn't be receiving royalties from the efforts of this particular well. Doesn't sound right to me.

Also, is there a tutorial on GHS anywhere that explains the codes on Sonris for determining the path of the lateral line that's being/been drilled in a section? Maybe coordinates that can be fed into Google Earth or another similar program?

Or if someone else would like to comment that is welcome as well.

Thanks much.
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/cons/CONSEREN/hearings/2009/04APR/09-376ap...

Royalties are paid to those mineral interests in the unit where the well bore perforations are located. Which is not necessarily where the well pad is located. When dealing with horizontal wells, this is a common practice.
HMI, please see the attachment for the plat of the well.

This well is being drilled in the HA RA SUM Unit for the Converse Field and includes Section 33, Section 34 and the west half of Section 35. The mineral owners in those areas will share in the production from the well. The east half of Section 35 has not yet been included in a unit.

Eagle, Cassel 35 #H1 Well, Serial #240817, S35(33/34/35)-T9N-R14W

S33/34/35(w/2) -T9N-R14W, HA RA SUM Unit, Eagle, Converse Field, Sabine Parish
Attachments:
Thanks Skip and Les. I see now what they did. Any idea why they'd opt to split 35 like that and not include the eastern half at this time? They seemed to have leased the eastern half relatively recently. Would it stand to reason that they intend to develop or possibly include the balance of the section at a future date? I'm guessing that with the stem being 330 ' off the unit line they're not likely to drain the property to the east of it. Correct?

Those documents were great. Can I ask what type of service or subscription you have that enables you to access that so quickly? :-)

Really appreciate your input. If you guys are in Shreveport/Bossier I'd be happy to buy you both lunch at the restaurant of choice.
HMI, Eagle needed to include the west half of Section 35 in the unit so they would have a land location to drill wells under the lake. The eastern half of Section 35 should eventually be included with Section 36 in forming a unit.

The Cassel Well will not drain any gas reserves from the eastern half of Section 35 due to the low permeability of the Haynesville Shale formation.

The documents are created from Sonris so no subscription necessary.

Thanks for the lunch offer but unfortunately I live far, far away - both literally and figuratively.
Les. Literally far, far - I know. The figuratively part doesn't seem to fit. LOL!
Now you have me curious Les ...where is "far,far away"? You can send me a PM if you prefer not to post it. The offer stands though if you're ever up this way.

I'm wrapping it up for the night. Appreciate the help Les and Skip.

Have a good night.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service