I notice a recent Petrohawk application to the Office of Conservation for a production unit of 1286 acres, (HA RA SU E),
parts of S9,10,16,15,37-T17N-R13W. How common are production units this size, & is this good for the landowner.

Views: 395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#238527 is a stones throw away from the Hamel location.

I expect they don't need to do any extensive testing.
Petrohawk utilizes a "spudder system". They drill the vertical with one class of drilling rig and then come back later and drill the lateral with a rig of a different class.
Skip: I realize this, but when they do it, they also permit - at the same time - TVD and MD to accomodate the horizontal. In Hamel, they have not done this and the permit does not indicate any horizontal yet. I would suspect that HK will come back at a later date to drill horizontal. Also noticed that they have not built a pipeline to the well, which HK seems to do first, as do others in the play.
From my information, they had to get in fast and start drilling in order to keep some leases.
Beating the lease expiration might be the reason behind the lack of a pipeline. However, it would not seem to be a viable reason for the vertical only permit.
Maybe they didn't permit the horizontal because it could vary dependant upon whether they get the unitization that they have applied for.
Baron - I thought leases were HBP, not drilling. Are you saying that drilling can hold leases or that they expect to be producing in time to hold the leases?

Thanks - sesport :0)
leases can be held by operations if that is in the lease (as it is in most standard leases)
just thought I would bump this to the top since the unit was approved.
The tracts covered in this unit contain the majority of qualifying well sites that will be required to drill much of SE Shreveport.
That is the key IMHO from Petrohawks point of view............securing well sites upon which to drill.
That and holding all that precious Hamel and dickson acreage. I would hate to have to go back to them for a new lease!!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service