EOG filed a LA Austin Chalk drilling permit in East Feliciana on the LA/MS state line in Little Comite Creek field.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Views: 2731

Replies to This Discussion

That is a great mantra to follow for sure!

I would figure the flare to be erratic in its intensity when you consider the present wellbore configuration. Toe down and well bore / lateral being filled with fluid (gas, oil and water) coming in from along the lateral at a highly variable rate for each set of perforation clusters.

Almost like the wellbore is "pulsing".

But the overall gas to oil ratio has been climbing for a while as actual fluids are decreasing - so more gas to surface.

I bet the flare is very colorful - probably due to NGL's being in the burning gas stream.

Has to be a bit weird seeing that from your place 24/7.

You are a mind reader. Yes it was erratic and went out shortly afterwards.  Before it was consistent . There has been water trucks hauling off water but more sporadic and only maybe one load a day. No, it's great entertainment watching the flare, even though I'm not in the unit and the lateral comes just short of my front door.

I am not a "hug a treer" type. I tell people the oil and gas business has been good to me all my life.  My family had a chain of service stations in Houston.  I say having an oil lease is my reward for wiping windshields, checking the oil and tires with $2 worth of gas.  Also enjoy the "bragging rights" as all Texans want an oil well.

Funny you mentioned gas stations - I grew up in a small East Coast town where my dad's gas station was connected to the house / so I was working at a "SERVICE" station from the time I was 12 until I left for college. I remember gas in the 30 cent per gallon range - as well as changing times using old fashioned tire bars and tools (before the pneumatic tire devices became popular).

Ultimate downstream part of the O&G industry!

My dad was an AMOCO dealer.  After he retired from baseball.

Atlantic dealer here. The refinery in Philly that just had fires (and is being closed) is the old Atlantic facility there.

AMOCO? Atlantic?

Names from the long forgotten past!

Fixed a lot of flats with those bars. No plugs either all patches.  In 73 gas went to 15 cents a gallon in Houston.  Then 25, 35, 50 and so on.  I never look at gas prices now that much.  We were Shamrock dealer after being our own brand.

I'm having some trouble following this post.....has the Ironwood well been completed and flowing back?  I'm not sure what well flare John is referring to. 

Thanks

No the Ironwood has not been completed.  Use the link in the discussion introduction to go to the well file.

These are the last two entries:

06/24/2019 06 18320 RAN 5 1/2" CSG TO 18299' W/ 585 SXS CMT; RR 6/19/19; WOCR;
06/17/2019 05 18320 DRLD LATERL TO TD AT 18230'; RUNNING 5 1/2" CSG;

Total Depth reported 6/17.  Casing run and cemented and Rig Released 6/19.  WOCR is Waiting On Completion Rig. 

John is referring to the flare on the Avoyelles Parish EOG well (first AC completion)

Ok, thanks. That makes sense 

Does anybody find it strange that EOG just increased its daily allowable rate on the Eagles Ranch well from 85bbls/d to 2,100 bbls/d? If the well is only doing ~50 bbls/d why ask for a 2,100 bbls/d allowable? Could they be planning to refrac the well or do some type of secondary recovery operation....

RSS

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service