Latest Chesapeake Haynesville Shale & Bossier Shale Map (10/14/09)

Attached is a Chesapeake map depicting their view of the outline of both the Haynesville Shale and Bossier Shale plays.

Their map of the Bossier Shale explains why there has been such an increase in activity along the southern portion of the Haynesville Shale play and certainly adds some excitement to that region.

Views: 1059

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skip, it's nice to know that you read and remembered my earlier post about the issues in 11/15. Having just recently bought a few acres of minerals in Section 36 of 11/15, I had some concerns about the quality of the HA wells being drilled and reported by CHK in 11/15 and 11/14. They just didn't seem to stack up to the HA wells in other parts of the play. In spite of this, CHK had 4 rigs working in 11/15 amd was obviously in the process of building up some major infrastructure there. I postulated to anyone who would listen that it had to be related to the Bossier formation. Little did I know at the time that the location for CHK's 1st horizontal Bossier test was Section 26 of 11/15, which is a diagonal offset to my acreage in Section 36. I'd much rather be lucky than smart! Can you say stacked!
I hope Jay is right about the Haynesville not being subpar per the logs. I just know the IP's look subpar.
Yes, I can. But credit is due. Your speculation on CHK's Logansport Field activity turns out to be quite accurate. A tip of the cap to you. May you have a couple of those 12 bcf EUR's Jay mentioned.
Check out Chesapeake's investor's report from earlier this week, and continue on to page 40 in the pdf file.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/CHK/presentations/200...

There is a pretty cool drawing detailing CHK's plans for "Superpads" that could potentially drill 8 Haynesville and 8 Bosier wells in units where both plays are present. Could be pretty interesting long term news for folks in those desireable areas.

I do find it interesting that they do include the disclaimer on the drawing that there are no current plans to drill stacked horizontals due to "operational risk".
Skip or Jay haven't there been good been good HA wells drilled with good flow rates in areas where this map depicts both shales are present???
Nudog, yes - in the middle of Red River Parish EnCana has tested the Haynesville Shale at 10-15 MMcfd where the mid-Bossier Shale is also present.
The way lease prices are in this area right now it may be the O&G companies who are going to double dip. I think all land owners in this area should be aware of this!!!
This is just like the beginning of the HA Shale in 2008!

ECA drilled the Colbert Lands 16H (#238.108) to the Mid-Bossier (as called by ECA). This well had eight frac stages, but was only produced from three frac stages because of completion problems. The well has not produced since May. TVD=12,724'; TD=16,541'.

At a February CERI conference, ECA had a slide indicating more GIP in the Mid-Bossier that the HA. According to comparative logs in the slides, the Mid_Bossier had 194' and the HA. had 180'. Using the NPHI evauation method, ECA indicated that in the comparative logs, the Mid-Bossier had 3,000 units of gas and the HA. had 2,500 units.

At its July 24 earnings call, ECA reported that it was "pumping" its second Mid-Bossier horizontal. I am confident that this well is the Colbert Land 16 H, #2 (#239,399) because its July 23 Sonris Scout Report indicated "frac and flowback." TVD=12,548'; TD=15,838'. This well will undoubtedly be covered in the Q3 con call.

Comstock BSMC 7H, #2 (#239,185) was announced in the September operations update as CRK's first Mid-Bossier well at 11.616 mmcfd. TVD=11,174'; TD=15,745'.

Compare this with the CRK HA. Shale well in the same section with an IP rate of 7.079 mmcfd.-BSMC #7 #1(#238,186). TVD=11,589'. TVD=16,055'.

XCO announced at the XCO Analysts Day on September 23 that it would spud a mid-Bossier horizontal in Q4 and would dedicate that rig for the next year to drilling mid-Bossier horizontals.

At the recent IPAA, HK's Stoneburner said HK would drill two or three test wells in the mid-Bossier.

So we have CHK, CRK, ECA, XCO and HK dipping their toes in the mid-Bossier. It will be interesting!!
This is ALL interesting. When the leasing frenzy started last april/may 08 the noble area received little attn. because it was considered on the outside fringe. The forrest well has changed that but i wonder is the bossier the real driver for this area?(north sabine)
Is there any data on the well that is located on the southern end of Toledo Bend lake near the dam - would be interesting to know what shale is there - info sure has been kept quiet but from what I hear it was a very good well - just hearsay - hope it is both Bossier & Haynesville!!!!
Janice, do you have a Section-Township-Range? That would be helpful in answering the question.
Les, only that it is at Kites landing.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service