Just a note on the discussion about Shale Under the Haynesville, CGG Veritas is starting to conduct a new lease of Seismic with the smackover as the target. I was told this time it is for all the oil under the Haynesville. This will be the 5th time someone that knows the play has mentionedit and this now confirms, something is there. Belive it or not but just was contacted by Veritas last week, along with Neighbor, We havbe active Hayensville wells on our preoperty and we Seismic tesed last summer. , Any other stories mare welcome.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be happy to look into them and post the results if you can get the S/N's.
Yes, i heard that too but don't have any details.  Something is going on and hardly anyone is talking about it.  thanks for the reply.
Oh there are plenty of folks "talking" about it.  Just none of them have any details that are helpful in determining the truth of the rumors.  If anyone has particulars like the Anadarko wells mentioned by kcm, I'll check them out and let you know what I find.
JHH, I believe you are refering to the Nancy Brewster GU #8 Well (API #42-203-35021) located about 2 miles south of I-20 in Harrison County.  The well was targeting a potential oil formation located about 2600 ft below the Haynesville Shale.  
That is the one but I've also heard the Anadarko version that has Valance in Harrison at the Panola line and Anadarko in Panola in the same vicinity.  I haven't had time to sift through permits to try to pin down a specific location where that might be true.
LOL!  Yes, that's one.  The rumors also include BP.

At least it would be easier to control a leak on land than under the ocean wouldn't it?

Oil leak that is....

and i also heard Anadarko has a good oil well nearby.  i think Panola County.

Yes sir, that's it.
JHH, the Nancy Brewster well finished drilling before the end of December.
DeSoto Parish: CGG Veritas has offered landowners total of $25/acre to do 3D seismic activity. ($15/acre for permit + $10/acre for timber damages)   Our lawyer said that they will not give anymore than that and "they'll just  go around you, so you might as well do it."   Does anyone know if this is a fair "market value" price for seismic operations?  Does anyone have a copy of a   seismic operations "permit" that is landowner friendly.  All I have is proposed permit from CGG Veritas and it doesn't have any time limit, depth limit, etc in the body of the permit.  Thank you!
it's fair.  that's all you will get.  they do very little damage.  no issues.  they have done my property twice.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service