Here is the report off of Pryme's site.

ASX / Media Release 7 March 2013
Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 Flow Test Result
Turner Bayou Chalk Project
HIGHLIGHTS
1,040 Bbls of oil and 1,850 Mcf per day achieved
The well continues to clean up unloading drilling fluids
Production facilities construction underway
Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 (61.53% Working Interest / 46.15% NRI)
The flow back operation on the Rosewood Plantation 21H No.1 well has been underway since
Monday night (Brisbane, Australia time) with the well achieving a maximum production rate of 1,040
barrels of oil and 1,850 Mcf per day on a 15/64 choke. Flow rates averaged 780 barrels of oil and
1,700 Mcf per day in the following twelve hours with less than a 15% water cut. The well is still
unloading drilling fluids and mud and continues to clean up. Once the clean-up process has been
completed and the well is turned to the sales line we will be able to establish a long term production
rate from the well.
The construction of production facilities will begin next week and it is planned to have first sales
turned through this facility by the end of this month. Oil produced and ready for sales has totalled
over 1,100 barrels gross (506 barrels net to Pryme) to date and natural gas is being flared before
being connected to the existing gas sales line later this month.
“The drilling of this well has been an anxious time for Pryme’s management team and shareholders
and I am sure the result speaks for itself,” said Justin Pettett, Pryme’s Managing Director. “We look
forward to the further development of the project in the coming months.

Looks GOOD. With the choke set at 15/64 they should not over produce the well. Looking GOOD so far.

Views: 2338

Replies to This Discussion

Pryme oil and gas has an update dated 3/11/13 on their website concerning the problems with the well.  I tried to copy and upload here but was unable to. 

The well profile consists of a near vertical section to a depth of 15,320 feet (4,670 metres) with a
“lateral” section, within the Austin Chalk formation, of 4,480 feet (1,365 metres) in length. A slotted
production liner has been installed in the lateral section. In detail, the lateral section has been
designed to follow a path which is slightly above horizontal with the result that the “toe” of the well is
slightly shallower than the “heel” of the well, at the base of the vertical section, and the lowest point in
the well path is near the start of the slotted liner.
Our current interpretation is that, due to gravitational segregation, heavy drilling fluid and cuttings
remain in the heel or other segments of the lateral and the well has not yet cleaned up. The heavy
drilling fluid appears to be restricting the flow of oil from the oil bearing fracture systems, which were
encountered when drilling the lateral leg, and oil is being produced through an open choke in “slugs”
rather than continuously. The well is currently flowing approximately 85% oil and 15% water and
drilling fluid in slugs with flow rates over the past 24 hours up to 800 barrels of oil and water per day,
which, however, are not high enough to lift the solids to surface.
We are planning to shut the well in and monitor the pressure build up towards the original reservoir
pressure. We will then use the pressure data as a basis for establishing the next steps towards
rectifying the issue and establishing a stable rate of production.

Sounds like Pryme has done some things that may enhance the production.  Slotted liner or otherwise it seems to be working.  They seem very concerned with the drilling residue, with a shut in and clean up seemingly in work.  So they are trully working the well.  I hope Anadarko is listening.  Or maybe they will deed our lease over to Pryme etal.

There is hope after all for "the chalk."

Chip I don't think that I would want  anything  turned over to Pryme at this point. This doesn't look real good to me. Pryme doesn't appear to be a deep pockets company. I was hoping that a small company could bring in a good well and light the fuse that would get the attension of some deep pockets companies. This looks like the same problem that Joe Aldridge has been warning of.

I think they are doing the cajun two step.... problems I hope they can solve but trying to sugar coat is not good

At this point I think their best bet is to do a lite (about 6,500 gal) acidization on the well. That should clear the mud and debris from the well bore and not do damage to the formation. My one concern at this point is the produced water. Where is that coming from? Is it up hole or down hole? If its up hole they need to do a squeeze before it gets worst. If its down hole I'm not sure what can be done with a slotted liner except live with it.

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing to correct the problems. 

TD,

I agree with you. They don't have deep pockets. So they are limited in the long term play. As you said I'm also hopeful that they or someone can figure out what is the best way to drill, stimulate, complete and produce the Chalk. Right now they are our only hope.

Recent college graduates still calling the shots ? What happened to all the old pro's with actual field experience this industry once heavily relied on ?  We once relied heavily on geologists,drillers ,tool pushers etal that learned-the-hard-way, not just book educated "scientists" testing theories. We need both, I admit, but, it seems that there is a knowledge imbalance at play. IMO

Steve,

I could not have said it better. Great post. Thanks!!!!!!

I think someone has really dropped the ball on this well. They have the well shut-in to make pressure readings (what for I have no idea) and wait for the production line to be completed. Yet they have not cleared the drilling mud from the well bore and formation. That is a very bad mistake. The longer the mud sits in the well bore and formation under the pressures and temp present the more it will set-up and be impossible to remove. Every day the well sits shut-in the more damage will be done. The IP for this well will probably be less than 200 bbls per day and fall rapidly from that.

Looks like Pryme has finally announced the IP on the Rosewood 780 BOPD & 1700 MCFD on 15/64 CK.

That is a significant number - 780 barrels of oil per day!   But these Austin Chalk wells tend to do that at first.  We need to wait and see what the production is over the next three or four months.  If it is the usual Austin Chalk well, it will fall off significantly.  If on the other hand, Pryme has solved some of the problems, then a big hip, hip, hooray!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service