Has anyone recieved letters wanting to buy mineral in this area. I understand that some are getting offers of $16,000 to $18,000 for their reserved minerals to Suncoast/Chasapeake.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 Pups,
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't royalty acres the same as mineral acres?
Except that royalty acres are the same as mineral acres, but mineral acres are just subject to the existing royalty as per an existing lease?
I'm not saying a word. But I am observing. And laughing. When I can climb off the floor.
Hey KB, Is that McYiddish ?
Personally, I think it is McShitish.
Angus McFergus McTavish Dundee
Its Net Royalty acres and I don't remember exactly, I have the formula written down somewhere but Baron answered it when he was talking about the 1/8 deal. It is way the hell less than your mineral interest. Those $18000 per acre figures would turn out to be like $3000 per acre.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you sell your "minerals", you are selling them subject to any existing lease, hence "royalty acres". What is the difference, if you sell your minerals, you are selling them subjct to any existing lease. Please correct me if I am wrong.
And I am McF'in confused
And I am endlessly entertained. You guys are the best. For information and a good laugh. However, I am beginning to be concerned that no one is commenting, and therefore probably not reading, my latest blog post. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I value your opinions.
BD, this is my wiskey drinkin time of the evening and besides I try to put everything mathmatical out of my head at all times, I am a social studies major, but Baron had the answer but he may have deleted it because I can't seem to find it but when I read it it made since and seem to relate to what I have written down somewhere explaining to myself what it meant. Jim Crow can answer this question because he deals with this all the time, I am a Field Landman and have very little experience with buying and selling royalty, other than the mineral lease.
Duece Canines,
I agree on all accounts. I am referring to selling your "minerals", not a "mineral lease". Talk to you later, and I hope you have a good night.
if you sell your minerals it would be subject to the existing lease (otherwise you could void a lease by transfering minerals).

Selling royalty and minerals is not the same. Royalty is selling only what you may make in royalty income. Selling your minerals severs the mineral from the land and creates a mineral servitude.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service