There's a rumor that Devon is suspending further activity in NW Shelby County. This includes Samford 1h. Can anyone confirm?

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NW Shelby County, south/southeast of Timpson is the general area. I got this information over the past week and as late as yesterday. It originated from more than one source. There was no reference to activity around Tenaha or Joaquin.
The latest info I have is that Devon is still active in the area south/southeast of Timpson(check permits).This time let's hope its a big old good'un, or at least a good old big'un.I'll take either one.
Devon has a new well permit approved yesterday in the Snider survey just South of Hwy 87 in the area.  IP report for CHK Smith 1-H filed yesterday as well.   3.6 million/day.   Not huge, but good pressure at tight 14/64 choke.
Unless there is viable Bossier Shale, there is no way this well is economic based on the well IMHO.
The pressure was 5825# so if the choke was opened up it wouldn't be that "good" anymore, would it? I guess I should run that by Les B for his much more learned opinion. Maybe his ears will start burning and he will share his thoughts.
Jffree1, I would concur with your observation concerning the flowing pressure.
Thanks for the input, Les.
D. Gaar or jffree1---do you know if it ( CHK Smith #1H) was completed in Bossier or the Haynesville shale? TVD and lateral length?
It looks to me like they only completed about 3000' @ 11,575' TVD. MD was 14,976'. Haynesville @ 11,568' TVD.
Attachments:
Unless I am misreading anything, from the well reports posted at TRRC, it looks like the CHK-Smith 1-H and also Devon's Adams 1-H look to both be Haynesville completions.

All of the O&G's maps do show this region to be on the very fringes of Haynesville, so not too surprising to see the marginal IP reports.

The maps do show somewhat better BO prospects and it does seem like DVN's Whitton well was a BO completion with a bit better results at about 6.7 mmcfd (although, not a hall of famer).

Pretty interested to see the well report from Unit Petroliums Smith #1, when that finally gets released. That well is directly next to CHK-Smith 1-H, and the intitial report for the VERTICAL completion was at about 1.5 mmcfd for the CV Lime formation below the HA. Depth reported on that one was below 11,700', but no well logs posted yet to date.
Ken, any more info on this rumor??? Thanks, Sharon
Sharon,

The latest and best info I have is that these Devon wells that were permitted will be drilled or in the drilling process by years end. One to watch is the Bell well which is west of the Whitton just off FM 1645. I understand that the Adams well was disappointing which may have triggered some of this speculation.

Ken.......Best of luck with Samford 1h. We hope its a big one.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service