Views: 51553

Replies to This Discussion

Opening Stake  378 barrels (in the tanks from last tanker) + 11,171 barrels Oil produced (since then) = 11,549 barrels.  Disposition 11,372 barrels (what the last tanker hauled away).  11,549 - 11,372 = 177 barrels left in the tanks.

So the wells production has declined since the early days of the well ?

All wells do although the decline can be controlled to a certain extent by adjusting the choke aperture until it is wide open.  Oil wells will be placed on artificial lift once the flowing pressure decreases to the point that the well does not flow. 

thx for the input,  so we don't know what choke they running on?  32/64 at 372bopd would be much better than 64/64 at that production right?  would we get a report if they do go into an artificial lift mode?

crazy question guys... why is the 64 measurement used,  is that the inside measurement of control valve/choke? 

The choke will likely be wide open sooner rather than later.  Note the Casing Pressure (CP) of 1506#.  I don't deal with a lot of oil wells as the Haynesville, Bossier and Cotton Valley wells are dry gas except for some CV with some condensate and NGLs.  A good Haynesville well has 7500 to 9000 psi.  I reviewed one yesterday that had 10,555#.  The Haynesville Shale is "over pressured", most oil wells are not.  Ask Rock Man and Jay.  I don't think that there is any notice in the public record although there may be a work order entered in the SONRIS Well File when a well goes on lift.

what about the gravity number guys (43) ?  what is good vs bad....

43 API is some pretty good oil - the lower the API, the heavier it is (and harder to flow).

64/64" is the opening of flow orifice - the inside of the flow tube

The larger the choke, the less flowing pressure there will be. Narrowing the choke over time will increase pressure and force well to flow - keeping it on constant size can result in faster pressure drop / even to the point of the well stopping to flow.

Don't expect to see any notations from EOG in their monthly filings about choke sizes or artificial lift. Or BW produced (unless you can find a specific production test that has been filed)

About a 60% production decline since the early days of production. Read my longer note about what all this may (or may not) mean

John,

As to your specific question, the EOG well test and production to data indicates that there is some positive info for the AC horizontal frac play in this overall trend of Louisiana. Some companies will look at this and say "the play works - let's lease up everything on trend" while others will say "Nice info - let's keep evaluating and waiting and watching and gathering data and not go crazy spending money".

If I had my own company, I would do the latter

Re: EOG Production

I have not been able to access my email for the past few hours but saw the large number of postings following the original post of the four months of EOG production.

Here's my take on all this.

• I will first caution everyone that trying to make conclusions based on only a few months of production is essentially a waste of time - both as to negative as well as positive implications of the data.
  • This well was first completed as a "flowing well" (the F on the IP report) - so no artificial lift was used to produce the well during its 1000+ BOPD flow test on a 64/64" (1") choke
  • The Sept production is probably a partial month of production - I would only assume October is a full month of production data
  • There has been about a 60% decrease in daily production over this four month period - this is to be expected due to fact that there will be a major pressure decrease (and ability to flow) over these early months as the well starts "giving back" all the frac fluid and the associated O&G that is being produced. Think about how much overpressured is jammed into the well with the frac job
  • As the pressure drops, the O&G rates drop - this is normal
  • This is also the normal and expected profile on ANY unconventional horizontal well that has been frac'd - they will flow for a while on their own until rates drop to the point where operator will install some sort of artificial lift to unload the wellbore
  • Artificial lift could be an ESP, gas lift set up, jet pump or surface pump
  • I figure that EOG will produce this well flowing to a point where they feel is it is beneficial to install artificial lift - then we will see an increase in production
  • After artificial lift is installed, it will then be interesting to see how the well performs as to O&G rates. Decline is to be expected - but the question is how quickly will well decline

I would recommend that it is best to look at the overall production from this well in about 12 to 18 months - that is when there will be enough data to properly evaluate EUR projections and overall economics. You will see some estimates on EUR earlier - but the more data you have, the better the EUR estimate is

It is interesting to see the GOR (gas to oil ratio) stay pretty consistent over these four months - this would indicative of minimal pressure decline / drop in the reservoir (a good thing)

Wow,  thanks RM for the education!  As a medical profession working in a hospital/surgery all day i find this stuff fascinating!  Learning how to interpret these reports on Sonris is made easier by people like yourself who take the time to explain things.  thx  HC

DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
02/27/2018 05 2/25/18, REACHED TD OF 18,213' 2/27/18, DP STUCK @ 14,228', PRESENT OPERATIONS, RIH W/STRING SHOT FOR ATTEMPTED BO @13,014'
02/20/2018 05 2/20/18, TRIPPING IN HOLE WITH MUD MOTOR AND BIT FOR AN ATTEMPT TO ENTER SOUTHERN LATERAL, TD 13,107'.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service