What lease bonus $$$ is acceptable for 2009... the following is how I see it.

Lease Bonuses::

2007.........$100 - $300 / acre leases..................way too low

2008.........$20,000 & up / acre leases...............evidently too high

2009.........$2500 - $10,000 / acre leases ........seems about right

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KB:

Didn't I just reply to this post somewhere else??
Maybe even establish some sort of fund to help pay for ???? whatever health or environmental damages come down the road since there still be some unknowns associated with this "new technology."
You can attack all you want, that doesn't change the economics. I don't work in the shale, but it is still subject to the laws of supply and demand. You folks are greedy and you will have to wait. By the way kiss my ass!!!!
I think you may be right about the leasing part, but maybe not so much about the drilling part. Leasing activities may not be as active as they have been in the past, but there is nothing stating that the landowner MUST lease now or never. If the O&G companies can restructure their strategies, due to the decline in market price, then so can the landowners. When higher market price return, the landowner will be in a better position to make a more sound decision. Be it in 2010, or 2015, the "unleased" minerals will still be available (unless the mineral bandits arrive first). It's not about greed, but more of making the best financial decision possible.
Hey Barn,
You will never be invited to be a red panty pirate with that kinda 'tude!
What attack ? Toughen up Beach or be gone ! Off with his head !
SS. You aren't considering a "plank" party are ya? Arrhh!
Oh, what determines greedy--dear pompous authority? By the way KB & Dion Warr I am screaming LOL at all of the above.
Tiger. Take deep breathes. It will be okay.
Not to worry Skip....I was LOL at KB's & Dion's back & forth...& not taking BarneyFife's greedy remark too seriously. Not to worry Dion Warr, I wasn't accusing you of anything, I appreciate your expertise &...
Tiger. I think they should take the act of the road. It would make for some funny stand up comedy.
Yeah, & add Snake Stewart, Two Dogs, but again someone suggested a radio show awhile back, & then we might lose the humor on this site.
True. A radio show would preserve the unique interaction of the wits. They might not mesh as well live and in person. Although I can visualize them all In a brisk back and forth attired in their rsp's. Now I don't care who you are, that there's funny!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service