Indigo Minerals LLC just sent me pre-application notices on 3 Cotton Valley units they're forming in T15N 14W sec 8,17,19.  Is there some horizontal cotton valley potential here?  Indigo looks to have some good production from the cotton valley in the past few months.

Views: 5911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

KCM, what info do you have that indicates there will be multiple CV wells in these 3 new units?

Robert

Robert, I went back and re read the request to DNR & it says multiple units-not multiple wells. So it does NOT say multiple wells. I read that wrong. I know in western Caddo there have been some sections that are getting more than one well

I understand. Thanks. I'm in 15N-14W-S20 and hope they keep moving my way and yours. Good luck to you.

Robert, we have land in Sec. 21, so I definitely hope they keep moving east. I was looking on that unit ap and noticed a  well in sec. 20 besides the Haynesville one. Is it one of the old Glen Rose ones or an old Cotton Valley? Also, I wonder with the fault going across 21 & 20 if that will limit the number of wells we get and will the fault affect these Cotton Valley wells. I don't know what depth that fault is in--what depth it starts in or anything. do you

Kitty, I have no info about any faults other than a few sketchy lines on a Encana map.  There were 2 shallow Goldsby wells near the center of section 20 with the same long/lat location. Same depth but one was listed as Pettit sands with low prod from 1/77 to 4/79 and the other was listed as Rodessa sands with no production, maybe a rework of the older one. The R T Means shallow Pettit well at 6500 ft in the far SE corner of the section has been a marginal producer since 1977. The vertical section of Means 29 H horiz well (242470), also in SW corner of 20 shows no Sonris updates since "Drilling Curves and BOP test" last April.  Hope the update delays don't mean problems. Robert

KCM, I am not aware of any western Caddo Sections that are currently permitted for more than one horizontal Cotton Valley well.  Which T-R-S would they be in?  The only Section that I am aware of where Indigo has drilled more than one Horizontal Cotton Valley well is in Section 11 of 12/16 in DeSoto Parish. The Breffeilh and Atwood wells.  They have not been completed yet as far as I know.

the ones I am thinking of are in the Williams Rd./ Rust Lane areas & Vardemon Rd (off Keithville Keatchie Rd.). I have heard from people who live in that area that Indigo is going to drill several wells in some of the sections there

Skip, on sec. 21 (I have reserved minerals there so it REALLY interests me) it says CV. Does that mean a Cotton Valley unit has been formed for it? There were Glen Rose wells in there on 160 ac. units that were sold to Encana, but no Cotton Valley units that I am aware of.

Also has anyone found out what lease prices are being paid for these Cotton Valley horizontals

That will obviously be accurate eventually, but I don't believe it is currently accurate about multiple wells in a section in western Caddo.

Yes, Section 21 has been unitized for the Cotton Valley Zone.  The majority of leases in this area are HBP by Haynesville wells.  I have not heard of any lease offers for the CV and suspect that if any have been made they are very few in number.

Skip, if one has a lease for Haynesville but pugh clause and lease is up, would that depth pugh clause free them to lease in the Cotton Valley. When was Sec. 21 unitized. Has it just been recently unitized and did Indigo apply for the unit.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service