the balance of  the '14 strip is up approximately $0.10 for each month.

has any one here heard anything?

Views: 2282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

upon meeting him, khrushchev sized up kennedy as being more than a little 'light in the britches'. the cuban missile crisis directly stemmed from that assessment.

of course, we all know/were taught that kennedy got them to pull their missiles. and that truth, justice and the american way prevailed over the evil, weak russkies. 

the rest of the story is that they'd back out of cuba and we'd pull a whole mess of nuclear tipped missiles from turkey. they did and we did. its funny how the turkey part is not well known.

so, when the reds ostensibly lost, they actually, in reality, won.

i cite all of the above, in support of my belief that putin has sized up mr. obama as being similarly under ballasted.

imo, he, putin, damn sure wouldn't ever even dream of pulling his present stunts against a Roosevelt, a Truman, an Eisenhower, a Nixon or a Reagan.

but more on topic, liquification facilities don't get built w/o financing. and, financing doesn't come about unless project promoters already have long term sales agreements in hand.

putin would have to lower his gas sales prices before the projects were announced, otherwise by that time(s) the gas sales contracts would be in hand. and from putin's perspective the critters would already be out of the barn

Then NG market has fallen from 4.80 to 4.50 in three days. Does anyone have any ideas why?

joe,

per today's wsj, storage fill rates are a bit higher than what they were assumed to be before. put differently, the market feels a little bit better about the odds of getting back to adequate storage levels before withdrawal season begins.

jim

Thanks Jim,

I kind-of -thought that might be the case. 

Analysis: U.S. gas production bullish in April

The U.S. had its most productive month for natural gas in April, with six of the 10 highest production days happening within the month, attributed to activities in domestic shale plays, according to an analysis by Bentek Energy. Output from the Lower 48 states reached an average of 67.3 billion cubic feet of gas per day, which was 4.2% higher than the same period last year and 0.5 billion cubic feet per day higher than March. Production also reached its maximum output of 68 billion cubic feet per day on April 13.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2014/05/natural-gas-prod...

I am sorry folks, but the price of NG is about to plunge.  I just got an offer from my local gas utility's marketing arm to lock in my NG price at $4.89 thru June 2016 (currently its $4.83) and since I am planning to accept the offer and with my luck, prices will start falling:(

tc, 

in my limited experience, retail gas to the individual is priced in dekatherm or therm units. 10 therms = 1 MMBtu = i dekatherm.

as that how your's is priced? and, what utility are you hooked up to?

thanks, jim

We get our gas from Peoples Natural Gas and the price is in MCFs.

As a side note, the cost of getting NG in my house is over 100% of the cost the NG. 

$13.76 customer charge.

$3.49/mcf delivery charge

$0.38/mcf capacity charge

$0.61/mcf AVC capacity charge.

I wonder when they quote the price of NG in places the like Japan if they quote the wholesale price or the customer price, as my customer price is $9.32/mcf, not including the customer charge. 

CenterPoint Energy (Shreveport, LA):

Customer Charge                                         $10.00

Distribution Rate                                               4.36

Gas Supply Rate  29CCF @ $0.67103       19.46

Muni Franchise Adjustment                             0.69

GTI Surcharge                                                   0.90

33 Day Billing Period - total                         $35.41

Atmos Energy

Current Gas Charge Total              $27.70

Gas Charges PGA 0.55709/CCF    $27.70

Actual Usage in CCF                     15.00

Franchise Fee @ 0.04000              $1.11