Is our greener future a gas?

Director Gregory Kallenberg talks about the energy implications of his documentary Haynesville.

by Amber Wilkinson

US documentary Haynesville premiered at Sheffield Doc/Fest last month. Now, the film - which tracks the discovery of the United States' largest natural gas field and the find's implications both for the local community living on top of it and for a country attempting to move to a greener energy future - has been selected to show as part of the United Nations Climate Summit in Copenhagen.

"It was a bit of a surprise to us," says director Gregory Kallenberg. "They called and told us about a film programme they were presenting and asked if we would be interested in coming over and showing our film. I thought about it for, let's say, 1.53 seconds and accepted. It's a huge honor to show Haynesville at the Climate Summit."

LINK TO COMPLETE ARTICLE: http://www.eyeforfilm.co.uk/feature.php?id=753

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even if it was made into a pate and put on a small cracker?
If you didn't call it squirrel, Yea I think that might work. The question is what to call it? What's French for "rodent"? LOL!
pate de arbre rongeur? mmmm!
Sounds good to me! Hey, garcon, bring me another slab of that there arbre rongeur stuff. And some more cornbread to go with it.
Parker,

What a great idea, if we have squirrel. I grew up on that but haven't had it for about 50 years.
Seriously, arrange showing and I will come from Arizona. I f not I plant to try to make it to viewing in S'port in Jan., even if it does cost $50
Has anyone ever noticed Squirrel tasting like greasy, dark meat chicken that's been left on a log in a damp forest for a day or so?
Maybe someone served that writer one of those old male squirrels that didn't get skinned until the next day, huh?
soak the meat overnight in milk.
Baron. You are as knowledgeable in the preparation of wild game as you are in the ways of the O&G industry. A true North Louisiana Renaissance Man. Salute!
beat hell out of em with a tenderizer first!
Right on Electro. Been there, done that. My Mothers favorite part of squirrels were the brains with scrambled eggs!! ug.
But, she was part Indian as I must be and proud of it. Anyone ever eat squirrel brains for breakfast, except me?
i've seen people do it man, tongues too

i don't swing that way though!
An announcement of the preview showing ...

http://www.thebestoftimesnews.com/news.php?news=682

Benefit Screening of Haynesville: A Nation's Hunt for Energy on January 16th
December 11th, 2009

Preview & Benefit Screening of Haynesville: A Nation’s Hunt for Energy on Saturday, January 16 at the Robinson Film Center.

Who's in charge of the popcorn? 80)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service