Interesting to see that there will be a 22,000 ft well
to spud soon in Jefferson County exploring Haynesville Shale.

See Mainland Resourses----any comments??????

Tags: Activity, Mississippi

Views: 13520

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. these ads are cheesy-however many companies do use this format for promotion
Craig, my computer alerts pull up a wide range of Internet traffic and I do see other companies paying for promotional campaigns similar to this one.  However IMO a high number of those penny stocks employing  sensational advertising as opposed to accepted business metrics are "pump and dumps".  And Internet promoters and stock touters regularly go beyond any logical definition of "spin" and into areas that can only be honestly characterized as prevarication.
I agree! It is unfortunate that we have these stock promoters that will jump on any potential opportunity, paid or otherwise, to promote their newsletter or whatever service they purportedly provide. Whether anyone at MNLU is specifically behind it is something we can only speculate about. Even though it was paid for by a marketing concern described as a noncontrolling shareholder, it does raise concerns. I thought it was illegal to promote a company one owns shares in as it will in the short term drive up the price, generally. Thus benefitting the promoter (Bump & Dump). It would be nice, and ethical, if a Mainland spokesperson were to address whether they had a hand in it, or not! Trust by shareholders is essential in my naive opinion. But, as with much in aspects of society today, I wouldn't count on any disclosure other than that which is beneficial.

Paul, MNLU is specifically behind this as has been reported on a number of occasions.  I am unaware of the legality of such promotional campaigns.  I do know that Mainland has invested heavily in promotions since its inception.  The following Internet article excerpt is from Jan. 21, 2011:

Mainland Resources Inc (OTC:MNLU, MNLU message board) continues its up move at top speed. After the huge gaining on Wednesday, during the past couple of days the stock climbed higher and its volume reached over 4.5 million shares.

As already reported on hotstocked.com, there is an absolutely reasonable explanation on the high trade - promotions. Obviously, they have strongly supported the stock price right from the beginning and it keeps moving up. The reason for the gain is that the promotions continue until February 2nd. Above all, MNLU has been promoted by speculatingstocks.com, whose name tells a lot about its business. According to the announcement, SpeculatingStocks.com, Inc. expects to be compensated by a third party (Lake Group Media Inc.) $5,000 cash for a two-week promotion, which additionally secures the MNLU up move.

However, Mainland Resources has just made another move to keep the high trade. Yesterday, the company announced they have entered into a Marketing Services Agreement with SEI Energy, LLC to provide them gas marketing options. The news gave investors new hopes for the future, though in general the situation of Mainland remains the same.

Skip,

Again, I see your points. And am aware of analysts reports. This article, as written still, leaves in question exactly who is behind the promos. Unless MNLU is funding Lake Group Media and others like them.  Nothing stated fully to that effect. Yes, I am being the devils advocate from the other perspective. The more information put out, the better overall for all concerned, whichever side one is on. Myself, yes, I own some stock and hope they are able to bring this in and expand the play. Thusly increasing its value. And I did buy purely as a speculative move because I like the idea and I am also curious from a geologic standpoint. I would love to see a detailed core report and the logs, not likely. But as I have said, time will tell and we shall see if the promos are proved up, or proved B.S. I have seen my share of these "penny stock" promos and am as tired, and suspiscious of them as we all should be. But I figure the reason we see them is because the stock price falls within the range the poor, I do not have time to research, masses can afford. I sometimes wonder who the victims really are. Of course the poor smuck who buys in with "diamonds" in his eyes and it all falls apart. Been there and done that and learned the hard way. But could it even be the company who if not behind the promo, becomes the topic of discussions such as ours. As for now, I'll let the upcoming tests show us one way or the other in this particular case. You all have a great rest of the week. Work has been delivered to my desk!

Paul, I'm not sure your assesment of Mr. Atencio's ability to sell control stock (Rule 144) is completely accurate.  There are "strings" attached to Rule 144 stock.

I would bail if I owned stock
What happened to all the stock pumpers no here?
Understood about 144. Will need to research and add to my knowledge base. Thanks for pointing that out!
Hello-check out MNLU website and the initial shale gas analysis AWESOME!

Mainland's Initial Shale Gas Analysis From Its First Mississippi Well Demonstrates 331 Billion Cubic Feet Gas in Place (290 Billion Cubic Feet Free Gas in Place) per 640 Acre Section

Press Release Source: Mainland Resources, Inc. On Wednesday February 16, 2011, 8:00 am

HOUSTON, Feb. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mainland Resources, Inc. (the "Company" or "Mainland") (OTCQB: MNLU; Frankfurt: 5MN) announces that it has received very positive results from the first 1000 feet of Bossier/Haynesville section 19,980 and 21,040 feet in its Burkley-Phillips No. 1 well.

A Shale Gas Analysis that was just completed by Schlumberger demonstrates 181 BCF Gas In Place (160 BCF Free Gas) within this 1000 foot section.

The new Log and Core data from the Burkley Phillips No. 1 well was used by Schlumberger to calibrate the Chevron CP Long well, (2000 feet away) enabling a Gas in Place calculation for the lower 910 foot Bossier/Haynesville section between 21,040 and 21,950 ft.  The Burkley Phillips No. 1 well calculates as 331 BCF Total Gas in place (290 BCF Free Gas in place) per 640 acres for the approximate 2000 ft Bossier/Haynesville section.

Mainland's merger candidate American Exploration, originally engaged Schlumberger to prepare a Gas Shale Analysis for the C.P. Long Well, which is the offset well drilled by Chevron on the site in 1981. This original analysis performed on the 1981 well did not have the modern log and core data sets available from the Burkley Phillips No. 1 well.  Sophisticated information from the new well has reinforced the high gas in place interpretation of the original analysis.

Mainland President, Mike Newport states, "Mainland's management is more than encouraged by these initial numbers. They are better than any of us initially expected and we feel that they may even improve further as we continue our analysis and receive additional core information results from CoreLab. This is exactly why we went after the Burkley Phillips #1 project."

Craig and Dennis, you guys do understand the very significant difference between GIP (Gas In Place) and  EUR (Estimated Ultimate Recoverable)?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service