Views: 51553

Replies to This Discussion

Clarify for me guys,, 4 wells with different units on it?  Multiple units drilled from one pad?

1. Thats impressive production for just last quarter of 2017!!

EOG has 39 completed AC Hz Frac wells in Karnes County. And other operators (Murphy, Enervest, MRO, EnCana, others) have another 40+. EOG has the sweet spot which appears to have a limited areal extent. Other operators who have pushed the trend to the NE into Bryan / College Station area include Enervest, Wildhorse and Geosouthern.

Some leases are single wells whiles others have anywhere from 2 to 5 completed wells on line. Some of these are multi well leases are drilled from same pad while others have stand alone drilling pads. But centralized production facilities as well as common frac water ponds / supply operations and SWD handling in the norm.

EOG set themselves up for the AC Hz Frac play with all their drilling and related work (core, logs, seismic, etc.) in the EF trend.

You won't see EOG tout these wells very highly in any public presentation - they take a typical "large public company" approach to information distribution -  you have to go dig for results and info.

Thanks for the clarity, RM. Your professional insight is helpful. Good job.

The fluid and proppant volumes pumped by EOG are right in line with how they frac AC in Central Texas (on a volume per treated foot basis). There are no details on FracFocus as to types / sizes of proppant. But mention of "silica" points to no high strength material (resin coated , bauxite, etc) being used

Speaking of people on the ground - are there any members of this site that are in the EOG area? It would be interesting to hear some reports of any "new" activity on that location. This may be tied to installing new equipment (e.g. gas lift).

I would expect to see some activity in near term as the production has decreased.

Also - how may tanks on location? Or portable semi trailer tanks (those that can be hooked up to semis and towed out)? There are making a lot of fluid (water and oil) - if they are trucking out everything, there should be major tanker traffic.

Another also - it is not clear to me if EOG is producing gas to pipeline or are flaring gas? That would be interesting to know (i.e. if there is an active flare)

Back from New Roads, word is a drill pad has  been staked out in the spillway and work is under way to put in place a pipeline connection.  That sounds like gas to me but . . .  It would seem to be very high confidence to start putting infrastructure in already.  Unfortunately the spillway is a big place and no one seemed to know where in the spillway the pad is located.  So not much of any thing confirmed in my trip.

Thanks for the info Chip.

Latest on Blackbrush in Cheneyville?  Abandoned or Redrill from same pad?

Nothing new on the W&J well on SONRIS since the 2/27 report (noted earlier in this thread).

Is there anyone on the ground in that area who can comment on what is going on? 

Thx RM,  little bit too far north for my peeps, no boots on the ground !

the other day someone reported that the location here was being expanded - maybe they will comment on present activity

It's not abandon or redrill.  It's abandon the old wellbore, increase the size of the pad and slide the rig over to drill a new hole.  At least that is what I suspect.  If true, we should see a new permit very quickly because that rig is costing money every day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service