OIL & GAS NEWS

LOCATIONS

CADDO PARISH

BHB Oil Inc., Soniat, 001, Sec. 32, T17N, R16W, Greenwood-Was­kom, 2500’ MD, Fredricksburg.

BHB Oil Inc., Soniat 32h, 001, Sec. 6, T16N, R16W, Greenwood-Waskom, 5528’ MD 2500’ TVD, Fredricksburg.

J.C. Hoss, Kendrick Hardeman, 029, Sec. 24, T22N, R15W, Caddo Pine Island, 1200’ MD, Nacatoch.

BOSSIER PARISH

BHP Billiton Petro (TxLa Oper­ating) Co., ha ra sup; Gray Inv 29-32hc, 1-alt, Sec. 29, T17N, R12W, Elm Grove, 16809’ MD 11116’ TVD, Haynesville RA.

CLAIBORNE PARISH

Quantum Resources Mgmt LLC, ho nac su; Langston et al 19 C, 3, Sec. 19, T21N, R7W, Homer, 1500’ MD, Nacatoch.

DESOTO PARISH

Indigo Minerals LLC, cv ra su69; M Hanson et al 28-14-16h, 001, Sec. 28, T14N, R16W, Bethany Longstreet, 18000’ MD 10500’ TVD, Cotton Valley RA.

COMPLETIONS

CADDO PARISH

COMPANY:
Moransco Energy Corp., Graves, 2: 247296. WHERE: Caddo Pine Island, S 10. T. 22N R. 15W. DAILY PRODUC­TION: 150 mcf gas on 18/64 choke; 150 barrels 43 gravity condensate; 0 barrels water. PRESSURE: 0 lbs. SPECIFICS: Paluxy; perforations, 2,773-2,777 feet, depth, 2,950 feet.

COMPANY:
T&L Oil Production, Ginther, 44: 246909. WHERE: Caddo Pine Island, S 36. T. 22N R. 16W. DAILY PRODUCTION: 0 mcf gas on 0/64 choke; 2.5 barrels 21 gravity condensate; 60 barrels water. PRESSURE: 0 lbs. SPECIFICS: Nacatoch; perfora­tions, 1,046-1,051 feet, depth, 1,051 feet.

COMPANY: T&L Oil Production, Ginther, 45: 246910. WHERE: Caddo Pine Island, S 36. T. 22N R. 16W. DAILY PRODUCTION: 0 mcf gas on 0/64 choke; 3 barrels 21 gravity condensate; 60 barrels water. PRESSURE: 0 lbs. SPECIF­ICS: Nacatoch; perforations, 1,049-1,054 feet, depth, 1,054 feet.

Views: 1025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How unusual is it for a well like Moranasco's to not produce any water?

Not many 3000 foot holes gives out 150 BOPD, 43 gravity & 150 Mcf gas these days. Looks like a real good well to me.

And I doubt this is one does.  Both the produced water and BOPD are too far out of line.  I'd guess multiple typos. 

The more interesting well is the Greenwood-Waskom horizontal Fredricksburg.

Have there been any other wells at that depth using horizontal drilling?  I have property near there with some old Fredricksburg wells that are still producing after about 50 years. 

I believe I recall one other Fredericksburg horizontal but it was a good while back and drilled by a different operator.  I don't think it was in the Greenwood-Waskom Field.

Skip, TMR Drilled several horizontal wells into the Frederickburg back in 2008 in Sabine Parish. I was even dealing with Keith Mauks in-laws on there family farm East of Converse. The Haynesville Shale made the cost of doing biz in that area out of ballpark to making any deals for the smaller mom and pops. Around this same time one of my Lessors told me about GHS. I became a member and tried to inform the folks that 2 checks are better than one and to not lease their shallow rights to the shalers. Keith and his family took my advise after very careful examination of what I told them. The first lease that I bought was on Keith's wife's aunt and uncle.

Samson Contour formed Fredericksburg units in Sabine. That may be what I am remembering. http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/samson-contour-frede...

Skip,

Why is the Greenwood-Waskom horizontal into the Fredricksburg of interest to you?  Can you say what one should be looking for in this venture?

Thanks,

CM

The  Ark-La-Tex has many historically productive shallow oil zones (generally <6000").  Although horizontal drilling is not going to rejuvinate areas that proved productive in the past using vertical drilling technology there are areas that did not prove economic then that may be now using horizontal drilling and associated modern technology.  Horizontal drilling used to be limited to a handful of mid-major energy companies that pioneered the technology.  Over time that technology has spread across the industry reaching smaller independent energy companies.  Over the last couple of years we have seen horizontal wells drilled by independants in the the Annona Chalk, Pettit and the Fredericksburg.  Devon drilled some Mooringsport horizontals.  Two Dogs is right to preach lessors reserving shallow depths when they lease to the big companies drilling the deep wells.   IMO there will be areas where the local independents are successful with shallow horizontal wells.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service